Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Scenes from our weekend

This weekend was very mellow. On Saturday we went clothes shopping for the Professor who desperately needed some new pants. It´s so refreshing to go shopping with a guy, don´t you think? We went to two stores, tried on a total of six pants, and bought two pairs in different colors. That was it. So much different than when I need something new. I´m a terrible person to shop with. I can never make up my mind about what I want so I try on a bunch of stuff, put a bunch of stuff on hold in case I want to come back for it (and never do) and feel like I have to visit at least ten other stores to make sure I´m getting the best bang for my buck. Then on Sunday we hung around the house mostly and watched a lot of TV.

Here´s some other stuff we did on the weekend:


Every Sunday morning I make pancakes for breakfast using the easiest recipe in the world--it´s this one in case you´re interested. During the week, the Professor and I never eat breakfast together since he´s out the door a good hour before me and the little one wake up. So on Sundays, we like to have a long and indulgent start to the day. I´ve been trying to make shapes for a while now and this is the closest I´ve come thus far! 


Another weekend, another street fair. One of the things we love about living in Barcelona is that there´s always something going on and you just stumble upon these things accidentally. Any excuse to have some beer and frankfurts and people watch. In this picture, you see the gegants (that´s Catalan for giants) which are huge papier mache effigies of kings and saints and they´re very popular in Catalan parades and festivals. 


Last Thursday we started sleep training Roman. For those of you who don´t have children, this is a method of crying it out with the objective of teaching  your baby to fall asleep on their own (and stay asleep!). Roman´s been sleeping in our bed with us ever since he was born. We tried this method because we were hoping to transition him out of our bed into his crib and we were hoping this method would lessen the amount of times he wakes up in the middle of the night to nurse. After four nights of hearing our baby cry and scream, we gave up. We may try again later on (this is a big maybe) but we think we´re more interested in finding a gentler method.

That´s what we´ve been up to. What did you guys do?

P.S. Here´s what we did last weekend in case you missed it. 

3 comments:

  1. My husband is desperate to find a situation that results in the two of us moving to Barcelona and your quips and pictures inspire me to help him find that reason!

    We loved the city when we were there visiting but 5 days is hardly time to really experience it. So it is so very fun to see the city through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jules! Hopefully it works and you guys DO move here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to visit! Counting down to 2015!!!! (Unless I can trick school into letting me skip a week....who says I don't have goals?) =)

    ReplyDelete