Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Today is Father's Day (at least in the United States it is).   Even though our little one has not arrived yet (one month to go! Eek!), the Professor and I still celebrated today as his very first father's day.  I feel strangely reflective today about life and how your perspective changes so much as you age.  I spent most of my life celebrating my own father on this day, and then when I married my husband, I began to celebrate the day with my own father and my father-in-law.  Now that I'm pregnant, I celebrate the day with my father, my father-in-law and my husband. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful men in my life who show me every day what it is to be not just a good father, but a good parent and not just a creator of life but a nurturer as well.

Happy Father's Day to all dads everywhere! You're doing an amazing job!

(Photo: John Lennon and son Sean)

1 comment: