Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bedroom Inspiration

For me, bedrooms are sacred spaces. I don't like a lot of fuss, a lot of clutter, a lot of color and I certainly don't believe in having TVs in the bedroom. In my opinion a bedroom should be where you sleep, where you recharge, and where you engage in acts of love.  By the latter, I don't just mean the most obvious act of love. I also include in this category: breakfast in bed, whispered conversations beneath the covers, tickle-fights and pillow fights and perhaps even a cat dozing peacefully at your feet :)

It's probably no wonder then that for a post on bedroom inspiration, I would pick rooms that have very little going on in them.  The colors are either muted and calm or else used very sparingly throughout the space. Each room has (or gives the illusion of having) high ceilings which contributes to the feeling of airiness. And in all of these bedrooms, clutter is kept under control. There are books, clothes, and family photos scattered about but every item has its own space.

I would be very happy to sleep in any one of these rooms. What about you? Got a favorite?

(Photos: Delikatissen)

6 comments:

  1. Those last two are *fantastic*! I like the last one better aesthetically, but the open concept would drive me crazy with the light and noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the third one... but maybe my boyfriend would love the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about the no TV in the bedroom rule. Maybe for single people? I really like the third pic. Where do you find these things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kj719: You're right--maybe for single people TVs in bedrooms are okay. For couples, I think TV takes away a lot of opportunity for connection and communication which is so vital to a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bedrooms 2 & 3, especially the splashes of color! And books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My life would be complete if I could live in rooms 3 and 4. By the way I'm in the marker for new sheets and a comforter for my full size bed. Budget: $40. Think you can help me?

    ReplyDelete