Friday, September 23, 2011

Me, the fall, and Meg Ryan



I don't know what it is about these two movies but I can watch them over and over (and over) again and indeed I have.  Both of these movies, "When Harry met Sally" and "You've got Mail", give me such a yearning to live in New York in the fall as the central characters do.  When Harry and Sally walk through the bright yellow, red, and orange leaf-strewn Central Park, I just want to curl up with a spiced coffee and the Sunday Times crossword.  Similarly, when Meg Ryan jauntily walks down the streets of New York, stopping to buy a pumpkin for her bookstore and remembering a line from an email about autumn being a time when you want to buy "bouquets of sharpened pencils," I am just smitten.

It's the first official day of fall today (yay!) and I definitely plan on cozying up with some warm cider (try this recipe from Martha Stewart) or a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and one of these movies.

What are you up to this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. My wife loves these movies as well and makes me watch them all the time. I get her back though by making her watch college football :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kj719 - Your wife HATES football. Like HATES it. So not an even trade. lol

    Also...I've never seen either of these movies. I'm gonna tell my best friend that we should watch them. ahem!

    ReplyDelete