Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bump watch: 23 weeks


Hello all! Here is a shot of my bump at 23 weeks preggers.  I'm actually not as far along in my pregnancy as we originally thought because at my ultrasound a few weeks ago, the technician told us that the baby was a little smaller than it should be based on the date of my last menstrual cycle.  So she changed the date of my last cycle and pushed the baby's due date to July 20th--two weeks later than we were expecting him!  It's funny to hear that he's a little small for his age because he feels pretty big to me. For one thing, he certainly has a healthy appetite (I'm snacking all the time!) and pretty strong little legs which he uses for some pretty mean ninja kicks.  Plus, you can actually tell I'm pregnant now.  It took five and a half months, but my bump has finally transitioned from a slight pudge to a noticeable pudge to an actual bump!  I'm still wearing my usual jeans (although they're skinny jeans with stretchy fabric in them) but I'm having a hard time finding tops long enough to stretch over my belly so I keep wearing the same ones over and over again.  The Professor and I have decided that in a few weeks, I might actually need to buy a few maternity tops which should be pretty easy as there are a lot of fashionable mamas-to-be in Barcelona and correspondingly tons of tiendas de ropa premama.

I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant, but I see pregnant women and women with babies everywhere I go  in this city.  There are always tons of moms and their kids at the park by our house, tons of strollers and crying babies on the metro,  poshly dressed little toddlers all over the mall, and women with bulging bellies  strutting the streets (in heels no less!).  Before I moved to Spain, I had always heard about Europe's low birth rates and corresponding declining population rates, but I have to say that these concerns don't seem to apply to Spain or maybe just not to Barcelona.  Trust me, people are procreating just fine over here!

I'll check back in again soon with you guys for another bump update plus some posts on the apartment coming up soon too!

6 comments:

  1. it usually happens! also, when you have the baby you'll see strollers all around!!!!

    Mine is 4 months now and I only see babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Congratulations!
    Just found your blog and it is so cute and inspirational. I found it through your comment on Cup of Jo. You said your friend is moving to LA and you both might like Via Los Angeles. It's "Your Little Black Book to the City of Angels."

    http://www.vialosangeles.com

    I'll be checking back here! Best wishes!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Me encanta poder estar al tanto de tus novedades :) ¡Te ves hermosísima!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is SO weird! I had heard that spain was having an anti-baby-boom...and that it was a very smart idea (financially) to have babies there! perhaps the water in your area is "blessed" :P

    btw, wait til the 23rd to have el bebe so he can be a Leo!

    -NZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking good! i'm at the point (34 weeks) where i only have 1-2 outfits that are still comfortable! a pair of favorite jeans and a few soft cotton tops. my belly is so itchy i hate having anything next to it!

    ReplyDelete