Friday, November 18, 2011

Am I too old for this? If so, who cares?

 I  first read Harry Potter and the Sorcerers's Stone (for you Muggles that would be the first book) when I was fifteen years old.  Like millions of readers around the world,  I was entranced and enchanted by the make-believe world created in J.K. Rowlings' mind that seemed so whimsical and fantastic yet so realistic and convincing at the same time.   Since reading the first book, I became a devoted fan--and something of an addict.  When I was seventeen,  I skipped school to camp outside the movie theater when the first movie came out.  Every time a new book was released, I stood in line for hours at bookstores to get my copy. Then once I had my copy, I would lock myself in my room to devour the latest book without taking a break for food or sleep.  Over the years, my obsession with Harry Potter has waned a little.  I no longer have heated debates with my sisters over whether Harry and Ginny would get together or whether Snape is friend or foe.  But my affection for these characters still remains and despite what many people who have not read the books believe,  these books are not just for children.

In honor of the very last Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, having been released on DVD earlier this week, I'd like to post some cool and adult-friendly products from around the web:

For the home, I love the subtlety of these posters. They're Harry Potter without being in your face about it.





Or how about this delicate and beautiful Potter-inspired jewelry?






Or perhaps you'd like to dress up like your favorite HP character? How cute is this Luna Lovegood-inspired pinboard?



Such awesome stuff out there, huh?  I think I'm feeling inspired enough to do a HP movie marathon this weekend.  What about you?

Buen fin de semana!

(Photo: Cast Poster, Quidditch, Owl Necklace, Golden Snitch, Luna Lovegood).

2 comments:

  1. Get me a wand that works and a flying broom and I'll be a happy muggle.

    ReplyDelete