Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One step closer...



Good news everyone. Yesterday the Professor and I presented our completed visa applications to the Spanish Consulate AND THEY APPROVED THEM! Yay!  It was a very validating experience although there were a few heart-stopping moments:

Consulate official:  I don't see your letter confirming health insurance coverage in Spain.
Professor and I:  (feverishly flipping through our paperwork) Uh....we didn't know we had to bring one....(exchanging panicked glances)
Consulate official:  Oh, well nevermind. You don't need it.

Different consulate official:  I need the original copy of your certificate of good health.
Professor and I:  Isn't it there?   It should be in that bundle of paperwork somewhere.
Different consulate official:  No, I just see two copies. Not the original.
Professor and I:  (again feverishly flipping through our paperwork) Um......
Different consulate official:  Oh here it is! It was at the bottom of this pile of paperwork.

So, now what? Well, now our applications are sent to Spain where they will hopefully be processed fairly quickly and then the consulate will get in touch with us when our visas are ready to be picked up.  They told us to expect the process to take at least one month.  After a month has passed, we can contact them to check on the status.

I'll keep you guys posted!

(Photos: Lisette van de Graaf @ Cute Suite)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on this step! Totally excited for you guys as I get myself ready to move to Portugal. I still have 5 years to go but I'm getting serious about the planning now rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Ilka! It's nice to daydream, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! These consulate people are at least not as bad at the FBI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome news!!! Also, I love your writing of the exchanges with the consulate people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete