Friday, October 21, 2011

Felicidades Juan!

Yesterday was the Professor's dad's 76th birthday.  My father in-law is an old man from Cuba who likes baseball and dominoes, appreciates good food and strong coffee, adores dogs, cats, birds and babies, and loves his family.  Because he loves us so much, and in honor of his birthday, I've decided to write down a few things that I love about him:

1.  Whenever we drive anywhere together, he rushes ahead of me towards the car to open my door.
2.  Whenever we go out to eat, he always bemoans how little I eat and then proceeds to eat my leftovers.
3.  Despite the fact that the Cold War has been over for more than two decades, he still blames everything on the Communists.
4.  He's never afraid to be the butt of the joke.  We tease him about his hearing loss, his beer belly, and the fact that he can fall asleep ANYWHERE including the doctor's office waiting room, a public bus, or a stadium full of cheering fans. :)

Felicidades Juan! Te queremos mucho.

2 comments: