Monday, September 19, 2011

Colorful, Artist-Inspired Loft in Barcelona





I love, love, love this loft. You could really find this home anywhere but the fact that it is located in Barcelona is so fitting because so many of the details seem to be inspired by some of Catalonia's most famous artists. To me, the crazy swirls on the kitchen ceiling seen in the first picture and the quirkiness of the bookshelf in the dining room seem almost Gaudí-inspired. And then there's that beautiful entryway.  Doesn't that coat hanger in the third picture remind you of Dalí's melting clocks?  Who knew art-history-inspired living could be so beautiful?

(Photos: Home Designing)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment. Your blog looks lovely. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bookshelf built into the stairs so much it makes me want to cry! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I have come across your site. Post info, I’ll be back soon. Thanks!
    Corporate Flats in Barcelona

    ReplyDelete