Today is Father's Day (at least in the United States it is). Even though our little one has not arrived yet (one month to go! Eek!), the Professor and I still celebrated today as his very first father's day. I feel strangely reflective today about life and how your perspective changes so much as you age. I spent most of my life celebrating my own father on this day, and then when I married my husband, I began to celebrate the day with my own father and my father-in-law. Now that I'm pregnant, I celebrate the day with my father, my father-in-law and my husband. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful men in my life who show me every day what it is to be not just a good father, but a good parent and not just a creator of life but a nurturer as well.
Happy Father's Day to all dads everywhere! You're doing an amazing job!
(Photo: John Lennon and son Sean)
Sweet =)
ReplyDelete