Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Quiet Time


Happy New Year friends! I hope that wherever you are, you are in a place that makes you feel at peace with the world. Yesterday, with the departure of the Three Kings, the winter festivities finally came to a close. We've been in Miami for the last three weeks and our days have been filled with visits to family and friends, long treks around the city in our car (hello Miami traffic!), late bedtimes and later wake ups the following morning, many indulgent and rich foods prompting some predictable New Year's resolutions, a few thousand screenings of Frozen, and the noise and chaos of too many battery operated Christmas gifts. As much as I enjoy this time of year for all it brings, at the end of every day I so look forward to getting into bed and curling up with a good book for some quiet, recharging time. (Of course, I don't mind if a certain little one curls up in bed with me as long as said little is in a good mood and does not try to jump on me or climb me or ask me for another cookie). It may seem fitting then, that the book I've been escaping into every night is a book entitled 'Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking.'  I've only read the first few chapters so far but it's been really interesting learning some things about introversion and understanding that side of myself better. I seldom make resolutions but this year I've resolved to carve out some more 'me' time because a sliver of peace and quiet during the day goes a long way indeed. My second resolution, which hopefully will tie in with the first one, is to actually finish one of the books I start. I'm currently halfway through two and I just cracked open a new one last night. What about you guys? Any goals for 2015?

I'll be in Miami for another week and a half and then it's back to Barcelona. If I don't touch base with you guys for a while, know that I'm thinking of you. Be well!

(Photo of us by the talented Valentina Barreto

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it sounds lovely to spend time with your friends and family in Miami. I hope you have a wonderful year and that you can achieve all your goals! With love,
    Vera

    http://theflashwindow.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vera! Same to you! :)

    ReplyDelete