Friday, October 7, 2011

Date Night!

It's Friday night and for most people in the world that means one thing: date night! For the Professor and I date nights are normally pretty low-key. We usually do dinner (this cheap sushi place is a favorite) and then a movie.  Tonight however, we are breaking with tradition. We're going to an Oktoberfest celebration in south Miami for some cheap beers, live music, and bratwurst.  I think that every now and again, it's fun to step out of your comfort zone and do something silly together, so what could be better than watching a yodeling competition while tipsy?

By the way, have you guys seen this movie? It is hilarious! I've seen it at least four times now. This morning, I found a link on the Internet Movie Database with a bunch of quotes from the movie. These are my favorites:

Claire Foster:  If we are going to pay this much for crab it better sing and dance and introduce us to the Little Mermaid! 
Phil Foster: Honey, listen to me. You are a beautiful, strong woman.  You are the mother of my children. Now, I want you to get up there and pop that coochie. 


Buen fin de semana!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, I agree, it's always fun to get out of your comfort zone and have a little extra fun. I love that movie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you eat a Bratwurst?

    On my next date, I want to go rollerblading.

    ReplyDelete