Monday, March 31, 2014

Scenes from our weekend

Spring is in the air! Technically. But it seems Barcelona missed that memo. This past weekend was drizzly, overcast, chilly and so windy that on one of our walks on Saturday afternoon, the wind practically carried the little one away (it almost felt like this! But not in Italian obviously). Apart from getting blown about, we had lunch with friends and their little girl, got caught up on some work that had laid idle during our Miami trip, and I finally saw the Great Gatsby. Honestly, I was expecting better since I like Leonardo DiCaprio and loved Moulin Rouge. I would definitely say that the second half of the movie is better than the first but I definitely prefer the book. Apart from that, we had a pretty relaxing two days.

Here are some scenes from our weekend:

It's that time of year again people! The calçot season is upon us. Actually the calçot season is almost over so if you're in Barcelona currently, gather your friends, head out to the country and light up your grills. And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, click on this link
For lunch with our friends, we revisited Tonka Bar in Poble Sec. I wrote about this place before here and I can now say that the lunch is as good as the carrot cake. Plus! It has this little room where the little ones can play while they wait for the food to be served (and for two hours after they've eaten while their parents gab away at a table on the terrace). 
The little one is finally over his jet lag, hurray! The first four or five days back in Barcelona were pretty brutal. The Professor and I were practically sleeping in shifts since the little one woke up every few hours and decided he wasn't sleepy anymore. We had to re-sleep train him which seems to be necessary after every trip no matter how long. It definitely puts me off travelling a little bit I have to say. :/
Chocolate chip cookies. The best home remedy for when-is-the-cold-weather-finally-going-to-be-over-itis. With a dash of sea salt sprinkled on top. Because I'm fancy like that. 

So that's what we've been up to around here. What did you guys do?

2 comments:

  1. Yum! The calçots look quite delicious, as do the sea salt chocolate chip cookies. Stay warm, and we here in Perú will try to stay cool! :-)
    - Stella

    ReplyDelete