Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sales!


If you're visiting Barcelona, or anywhere else in Spain right now, you've probably noticed that every store window you pass has huge red signs saying REBAJAS in big, bold letters. Yes, my friends, it is time for the after holiday sales. At this time of year, you can find most things discounted up to fifty percent, sometimes even more. For my American readers, it's kind of like the equivalent of Black Friday.

When the Professor and I moved here, we discovered that sales in Spain are totally different than in the U.S. In America, anytime you walk into a store, there's a sales section no matter the time of year, every weekend you get a circular from various stores telling you about price drops, and anytime you watch TV, you see commercials for once in a lifetime sales at major department stores. Not so in Spain. Here there are only sales a few times a year when the seasons change and the stores try to make room for new inventory. So if you're like me, and you shop only a few times a year, now is the time to do it.

I've already hit up Zara for some shirts and sweaters for the little one and bought him some new sneakers. I don't know why but I find it much easier to buy stuff for Roman than for myself. I mean, there I am in H&M buying a pack of socks for the little one when I've got a hole in mine. It's just like going to the doctor. If I have a cold or a slight irritation, I don't bother seeking medical attention but if something's wrong with the little one, I'm rushing him to the E.R so some doctor can look at me over her eyeglasses and patiently say, 'Ma'am that's just a mosquito bite.'

Anyway, here are some pieces that I've got my eye on for myself...if I actually get around to buying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment