Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Scenes from our weekend

So as you may have noticed, I didn't write a Scenes from our weekend post for last weekend. That is because I spent the entire weekend draped over the toilet bowl retching. Lovely, huh? As it turns out, there was a stomach virus making its way around Roman's day care and mercifully he didn't catch it but (mercilessly) I did. So I stayed home all weekend and tried to keep my fluid intake up and generally felt so faint I could barely move. And to top it all off, that was my birthday weekend too. Double bummer. Thankfully, I'm back to myself now so the Professor rescheduled all the stuff he had planned for my birthday and we did them over this past weekend instead.

Here are some scenes from our weekend,


This picture was taken two weekends ago at a neighborhood festival in Les Corts. Since I was sick at home, I asked the Professor to take Roman out for most of the day because I was so afraid of him catching the virus (apparently stomach viruses are highly contagious). It turns out they had a pretty good day catching a local festival (although it seems like there is a local festival every weekend!) and walking around in the sun. In this picture you can see the ´gegants´ which are the large papier mache giants that are so popular in Spanish culture.


They also caught this show where a woman wore a giant bird and danced around to traditional Catalan music. Is there a significance to the giant bird costume? Probably. Do we know what it is? No. 


As part of my birthday celebration, the Professor took me to this great sushi restaurant he found in the Born district called Double Zero. Not only is the sushi amazing here but the best thing about this place is that while the adults eat, there is a space in the back of the restaurant so your little ones can run around and play while supervised by trained professionals. Awesome idea, right? The Professor and I had a long and leisurely lunch while Roman hung out here playing with the toys, biting some books, and sitting still for story hour. Double Zero is hands down the most baby friendly restaurant I've ever been to. Not only does it have this babysitting service available on weekends and holidays, but it has a kid's menu, highchairs, and a changing station with free wipes and diaper cream. We will definitely be coming back here. 


Sharing a laugh with my bundle of chub. He loves to be tickled especially on his tummy, neck and his thighs and we're more than happy to oblige. I am the luckiest person in the world to be the mother of this little one. Despite everything, he and the Professor made my birthday such a special day. Thank you my loves. 

So that's what we've been up to. What did you guys do?


P.S. Here's what we did last weekend in case you missed it.


3 comments:

  1. Looooooooooove that last picture. That's a framer! =) I LOVE the idea of this baby sitter at food places thing. Great idea. Hope this spreads all over in the US by the time I'm a mom. Robert and I LOVE to go out to eat....would make it so much easier.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you were unwell! i think there are loads of bugs floating around barcelona at this time of year! thanks for the sushi tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kat! I hope you stay well!

    ReplyDelete