Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Scenes from our weekend

This weekend I got a taste of what it would be like to be a single mom. And it sucked. The Professor hurt his back playing soccer with his friends on Saturday morning so he wasn't able to help out with practically any domestic or childcare duties. Normally the Professor and I split the parenting load fifty-fifty on the weekends and during the week when he gets home from work. That means that we change the same amount of diapers, we take turns bathing the little one, we alternate feeding him (except for when he wants milk) and when one of us wants a break, the other one takes him out to the park for an hour or so. But since the Professor was hurt, not only was I doing all the work with Roman all day for two straight days, I also had to help the Professor around the house, give him back rubs, and constantly refill his hot water bottle. It was rough, but fortunately he's feeling much better.

Here's some more stuff we did over the weekend:


The weather has been beautiful lately--sunny but with gentle breezes all day long so we've been taking advantage by going to the park as often as we can. This particular park in Les Corts has special meaning for us because the park is directly behind the hospital where the little one was born. As a matter of fact, when I was pregnant and we went for a scheduled tour of the hospital to prepare for the birth, the nurses warned me that if I wasn't far along enough in my labor, they would send me for a few laps around this park to speed things along. 


A yummy vegetarian burger at Woki Organic Market. I was a vegetarian for years and years before I moved to Barcelona and became pregnant, but I still prefer vegetarian burgers to meat ones. They're just more complex and interesting because you have to get creative when you're not relying on the meat to take center stage. Woki is actually a chain and it's great for vegetarians, vegans, and meat lovers alike. You can get stir fried noodles, sandwiches, tapas, pastas and a bunch of other stuff. I definitely recommend a visit if you're ever in town. 


At Woki you can get a bunch of organic and healthy stuff including these Sesame Street crackers (!). I never knew that Bert and Ernie in Spanish were Epi and Blas. I never really thought about how they would translate the names of these characters, but I would have thought it would be a direct translation because both the names Alberto and Ernesto exist in Spanish. Also the names are inverted. It´s not Bert and Ernie but  Ernie and Bert. Interesting, eh?


Okay, this picture is actually from two weekends ago. I was making a soup and the little one was doing his new thing where he clings to my legs as I cook and wails for me to pick him up. So I plonked him in his high chair and gave him a wooden spoon to play with which entertained him for a full hour. I also remembered that we had this little paper chef hat left over from a street fair so here he is, my little sous chef. 

So that´s what we´ve been up to. What did you guys do?

P.S. Here´s what we did last weekend in case you missed it. 

1 comment:

  1. Cutest sous ever. That park looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete