Thursday, January 3, 2013

Five months old!


Okay, you've got me. I'm about a month late with this post. Eek! But in my defense, it was the holidays and the Professor, the little one and I had flown home to Miami where we were all a little busy catching up with family and friends. Also, I saw no point in blogging when I got home since the only people who read this blog are family members who I could just update in person. :)  But now that we're back in Barcelona, blogging is back on!  Without further ado, here is the five month old update!

To my little one,

You’ve met your family! When you were five months and one week old, we flew to Miami from Barcelona to meet your maternal grandparents, all your aunts and uncles, and your extended family, including your maternal great grandmother, your great aunts and uncles, and all of our long-time friends. We’ve been so pleased and relieved to see that you have no stranger anxiety and will let anybody hold you. You also giggle and smile at random strangers which has melted quite a lot of hearts. 

You’ve eaten food! We got the okay from your (our?) pediatrician to introduce mushed fruit so we tried it out a few weeks ago.We started with mashed banana since that is your father’s favorite fruit and because I ate so many bananas when I was pregnant with you. You made the funniest yucky-face ever so we didn’t think you liked it but yet you kept opening your mouth obediently every time the spoon approached your mouth. I think it’s a good sign that you’ll eat something even if you don’t like the way it tastes. This bodes well for when we introduce broccoli, turnips or any other strong flavored food.

Your baby hair is falling out! You were born with a head full of thin, straight, jet-black hair. By now, you have very little of that hair left. In its place, you have grown thicker, curlier, lighter brown hair. Also, since you always sleep on your back and sides, your hair is thinning in those areas but the top of your head is still full of plentiful little curls. Your papi jokes that you look like you’re wearing a toupee.

Your internal body temperature is set to 90 degrees Fahrenheit meaning you’re always hot. You still hate to be dressed and are ecstatic when you’re naked. You also always kick off the sheets and blankets at night when you’re sleeping. I always joke that I spend half my night covering you because every time I wake up, I see your bare toes and legs and I freak out that you’re cold and going to get sick. But when I do win and force you to cover up, you wake up covered in sweat and there’s a moist spot on the bed where your head was. I have no idea where you got this from because I'm normally freezing if it's 70 degrees outside. 

You like to make music. You've begun this new thing where you hum and blow raspberries at the same time. It's totally weird. You started doing it while you were nursing as though you were using my breast as your own personal kazoo. But we've noticed you doing it when you're not eating too. I guess you're just experimenting with what your lips and tongue can do.

That's it for this month! XO

P.S. To read last month's update, click here. 

1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget his little tux at our wedding. =)

    ReplyDelete