Monday, December 12, 2011

After months of waiting and doing nothing, suddenly....


BAM! Everything happened in a week!  Last week I received my visa to live legally in Spain after applying for it two months ago (if you're new to this blog, you can read all my past complaints about that process here, here, or here).   That two month wait for my visa followed a three month wait for my FBI letter of good conduct, which I complain about herehere, and here (Yikes! I seem to do a lot of complaining on this blog.  I assure you, I'm not normally such a whiner.  Just when I have to move overseas and deal with two different countries' bureaucracies to do it).

So what does this visa news mean? It means that finally, FINALLY, we're going to Barcelona baby!  We leave this Saturday, December 17th and  arrive Sunday afternoon on the 18th. Yep, it's a long, long flight. Once we arrive, the University has reserved some faculty housing for us to stay in while we apartment hunt.   We'll have one week before Christmas to find an apartment! Eek!

In summary: very exciting folks! Packing and panicking to commence tomorrow!

P.S. The photo above is what it would look like if Gadget jumped up and celebrated with me. Too cute!

(Photo: Cat jumping for joy)

2 comments: