Thursday, November 10, 2011

Beautiful French loft






You guys thought I forgot to do an interior design post this week, didn't you? I admit that with all of the excitement and flurried activity that comes with moving, I did get a wee bit distracted from my usual schedule. But I hope that by showing you this home, I can make up for it in spades!

This tranquil, airy and gorgeous loft is located in the heart of Paris (they're just rubbing it in now, huh?).  If you're not struck by the beautiful oak wood floors, or the antique doors, or the amount of natural light flooding through the space, then perhaps the styling of this place will impress you.  In my opinion, this loft is a representation of something I have always believed to be true: European flea markets are SO much better than American ones.  When you read the article accompanying the pictures, you will discover that much of the unique and beautiful items found in this home, such as the gorgeous bathroom sink, the coffee table, and the red faux-Jacobson chair were all found in local antique markets.  Two more things I love: the chairs in the kitchen island and the bookshelf.

What do you guys think?

(Photos: Au Coin du Monde)


1 comment:

  1. Love the bookshelves in the living room. I would like them for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete