Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What's your Halloween style?

To be totally honest with you, I don't have a Halloween style. Whatsoever. I haven't dressed up for Halloween since my junior year of high school when I went as Groucho Marx.  NOBODY knew who I was. (Don't worry if you don't know who Groucho is either --I've attached a link to his Wikipedia page here).

I guess the reason I haven't dressed up in years is because 1) I'm lazy 2) I normally don't go to parties so nobody knows that I'm at home in my pajamas 3) I find the choices of costumes for women are rather limited. Have you noticed that most Halloween costumes for women can normally be preceded by the adjective "slutty?"  Think about it.  There's (slutty) nurse, (slutty) witch, (slutty) devil, (slutty) candy corn fairy thingy, etc. Now, I don't want you to think I have a problem with sluttiness. I don't. If people want to shave their legs and have a corset push their boobs up and out, that's their business.  I just think that's way too much work for Halloween.  Instead, I prefer to sport a t-shirt that suggests that I know what day it is but that I'm also not in the mood.  Like one of these:


But I SO admire people who are creative enough to break out of the overly commercialized costumes
and do their own thing.  I especially love it when couples or families coordinate their costumes, like in these pictures below.









And of course, no post on Halloween style would be complete without showcasing these incredibly  adorable pictures of babies in their costumes.  I seem to be strangely drawn to pictures of babies dressed up as food.  :)



'








So tell me readers, what's your Halloween style?


(Photos: Costume t-shirt, Zombie t-shirt, Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Up!, Lobster, Spaghetti, Sushi


2 comments:

  1. 1) I want the I'm a fucking zombie shirt for my birthday. Or birthday and Christmas. Or birthday and the next 7 Christmases. lol

    2) For the past two years my Halloween style has been in scrubs and elbow deep in cadavers. Legit. (FYI - if I heard one sound...I flipped out.)

    3) This year, I have an integrated midterm the afternoon of halloween and I'm supposed to go to a haunted carnival after. I'll probably be going as a zombie med student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute babies! I wish I had twins so I could dress them up as that soy sauce and sushi!

    ReplyDelete