Friday, September 30, 2011

Updated: My DIY Fall Wreath


Et voila! Here is the little wreath that could. If you notice, I borrowed the idea for this wreath from Stelabird as mentioned in Monday's post.  I just happened to have some mustard colored, felt ribbon (actually left over from my wedding three years ago!) and some black satin ribbon. Using Stelabird's instructions, I cut the mustard colored ribbon into squares and then curled it to make the tiny rosettes.  I then bought the beautiful, twig wreath form from Michael's (using a 40% off coupon no less!) and then using tiny pins, I affixed the rosettes all around the wreath.  If you'll notice, my wreath is considerably more spare than Stelabird's, partly because I loved the natural, organic look of the bare twigs but also because making those tiny rosettes takes forever and my fingers were killing me.  All in all, this project took around a day and a half and cost $4.  I'm rather proud of this wreath because I'm not a person who generally likes crafts and I'm also not a person considered to be patient enough to try them most of the time.  But what else is unemployment for if not to undertake laborious and useless projects?

I was originally planning on hanging this little guy on our front door like normal people do, but I kind of like the way it looks set atop the bookcase bringing a sense of autumn indoors. What do you guys think?

(Photo: Kiana @ The Barcelona Story)

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. Is that a plastic rat on the books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kj719: Yes! My dad has a collection of plastic rats since he knows they freak me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it better indoors bc (a) it looks beautiful in the picture and (b) bc I would be worried about the weather taking it's toll on the roses!!!

    ReplyDelete